PS: We have to send a big thank you to Broly who kindly pointed out some bugs on our website.
This entry was posted
on Thursday, October 6th, 2011 at 9:57 pm and is filed under Uncategorized.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
215 Responses to “Audio Folder: good or bad idea?”
Agree with rbn. Or make it able to select thru minimalistic style or waveform.
Also, reporting some bugs (if they weren’t mentioned before): in Stats graph days of week shown in not English language, even when English selected. Also logging in @ blog.zippyshare.com not works (404 error shows).
Btw, you’re going great, guys. Thanks a lot. I <3 zippyshare!
I really doesn’t like that audio folder cause it simply copy soundcloud. and if i share on zippy it s cause you doesn ‘t have that crapy idea which is unusable when you have long audio file and want to move the audio cursor. For me, and i think i m not alone, your time cursor is simple, useful and it what we expect.
Good idea, But…
What about of page speed and size?
What you think about “auto download preview” button ,but don’t start play, when you next time visit zippy pages with audio files?
It’s will be more comfortable. Example: if you open 28 pages and then you’ll need 28 times press “play” for preview.. OMG… But I listen 200-250 300 files…. You know
definnatly good idea since i can share my productions that way easyer,
1) it needs to be able to play on facebook or forums (like soundcloud, since many are talking about it)
2) i dont care if u get redirected to zippy if u press download, with some small publicity box under the audio file or something, since some people seem to forget this is completly free so they should click on ads etc time by time
3) we should be able to send those audio file links in private, so we basically get a private link so that only those who have it can hear it if u get what i mean (if that ever works)
4) it should be 128 kbits quality like SC does, (and not like the preview we have atm) imo
the forth point might cause servers to get more stressed i guess, i m just pointing my thoughts thro, hope it helps
cheers zippy <3
Edited by Admin:
1. Ok. With a possibility of color scheme change.
2. We can’t do a direct download links.
3. All the files uploaded on Zippyshare are always private. Files can be accessed only using the unique link which is known only to the uploader.
4. Ok. We have a few pretty good ideas how to enhance audio quality for previews placed in “audio folder”.
Looks too much like Soundcloud, and I know you guys can do it a bit differently considering you have an entirely different color scheme, etc. Anyway, as mentioned, Facebook integration would be great with things like this.
I will admit after reading posts that the main player is fine the way it is and I would not get rid of that. This would be a nice OPTION to have, but if it means getting rid of the main player NO WAY! Sorry I misunderstood.
Nice. Especially if we gonna get to share this player with others… like on facebook, tweeter…
kind a remind me about soundcloud but who cares, right…
Keep do your awsome work and thanks for one of the best web hoster.
as a producer, i personally use your website to host music files a lot, so i think this would be def a great idea, but only if the quality is better than the actual player because it really somehow sucks, it destructs the High freq and you can’t hear shit, plus it add weird noize in background so yeah, upgrade only if you’re upgrading quality aswell
great idea, great design! like it a lot. somebody said something about a 128kbit/s preview, i like that idea aswell. my uploaded productions have some ugly artifacts when played in 96kbit/s or less, so 128kbit/s 44100Hz mp3 (or equivalent ogg, to save bandwidth) would be a real pleasing improvement to me.
try not making it too soundcloud-ish, maybe by slightly editing the waveform or play button design (e.g. square instead of circle, don’t know. i’m not a designer :-P).
1. Beeing able to group you files into folders and have a data manager? Yes please.
2. Beeing able to post you files to facebook, forums, etc., ? Yes please.
3. Have a waveform? No thanks. I love zippyshare for it’s simplicity and fast loading time.. the cut the bullshit approach. I don’t need a waveform, the time line is great as it is, because of the slower loading and because I don’t really see the advantage of a waveform.
looks very tasty. make sure it doesn’t compromise speed though, if you’re already running multiple up/downloads perhaps? - I get a lot of problems with flash on chrome these days - soundcloud’s waveforms are mostly to blame
Its a great idea as long as does not make the site heavier and track slower to load. One of the reasons I use zippyshare is that tracks load so fast and I dont spend time on waiting!
Keep up the good work! Zippyshare rocks!
Well, instead of showing the waveform of a track, which have a limited interest .. (i really can t remember a song name with that waveform) , A good thing will be to be able to attach a picture with a track .. and the top will be to show that pic when the player is running
Its look ok but i really think it just adds to the look instead of imporving the site, i would suggest a file search and a thumbs up for a file. I do agree this idea does look better then the small play bar, however we are use to it and this is the best site on the net for uploads and downloads we all know it. Keep it simple and easy to use. Great to see you are asking for our comments and its so easy to comment as well unlike some sites where they almost ask you for your life story, Geez. Keep up your awesome service we love Zippyshare. (IF YOU AGREE WITH MY COMMENT JUST TYPE - AGREE WITH ILUVRNB1)
Yes !! must be amazing.
I think you’re going to compete with SoundCloud.
Many dj who wants to publish their mix are limited by soundclound.
They have only two or three hours of space for storage.
Besides, I am part of his people. So in total we can put one or two “djset” for free.
So with your system it could come coolest.
So do it!
I really doesn’t like that audio folder cause it simply copy soundcloud. and if i share on zippy it s cause you doesn ‘t have that crapy idea which is unusable when you have long audio file and want to move the audio cursor. For me,
THATS A GREAT IDEA! i am a producer and i would love to store all my music in the cloud like this! all in one place where i can then provide download links to it at any time! Great Idea! Do It! PLEEEEZZEE!